Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Engaged!

Being engaged means, next comes a wedding...
June we went down to Panama, so my parents could meet Jonnie before the big day!
We had great flights, and the Lord spared our luggage. We flew from Buffalo, through Miami, then down to Panama City, Panama!!! I was so glad to be back in a country that I knew so much about. Over the last year I had been in three different countries that speak my language, but not my history. I was so happy as well that Jonnie could finally understand things that I would talk about, like: Panamanian food, or the tropical fruit that you yourself can pick off the tree, or just the way they drive there, and constant Spanish.
My parents and sister were there to pick us up and drive all the way back to Santiago, which is four hours from the airport. Jonnie's first experience was some Nucitas that my mom had brought along for the drive back to Santiago. Yummy! And, of course, Jonnie loved them too.
We spent a very fun three weeks with my family, going to the beach, driving up to Volcan, seeing Panama city and the canal museum, going to the pool, and just hanging out around the house having water fights and watching movies.
We even had some wedding talk and planning in there too. It was a very hard wedding to plan, because my family was in Panama, we were in Canada, and the wedding was to take place in Northern Ireland! My mom and dad helped us out a lot though with the arranging of flowers and the church and reception. While the Ducommun's helped us out with buying a new car, and visa things for Jonnie. It was a long summer of planning and getting used to the Ducommun family, but all in all, I would say it was a very good summer of getting to know Jonnie's parents in a special way that not many -in-laws would get to experience.
The was planned for September 30th, 2008, so we only had four months to get everything together, and with the Lord's help we all managed to accomplish that goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment