Friday, June 5, 2009

How we met...

September 2007... Jonnie had already done one year of Bible School at NTBI Waukesha in Wisconsin, USA. I had been in Northern Ireland the previous year with my family, but joined the Bible School in August '07. We both had a great interest in soccer, which is where we met for the first time. I was new to the place, and Jonnie was out on rotation from a game in the gym, so I asked him a couple questions about the soccer games at the school. We didn't really bump into each other again for about three weeks, when again involved soccer. Only us two had shown up for a Friday night soccer game so we started talking and just kicking the ball around. After this we became friends and started hanging out together with our best friends Eryn and Zak. We all went different places together, and I got to know the three of them very well.
It wasn't till December of that year that our feelings for each other started to show. It was Christmas break (by this time Jonnie and I had become really great friends) and I had gone back to Northern Ireland to spend Christmas with my family and took Eryn with me. Jonnie had gone to be with his family in Durham, Ontario. We sent each other messages and chatted some on MSN. On New Years Eve, however, Jonnie told me over MSN that he liked me. This freaked me out, so I never mentioned anything about it for two days. After this long wait for Jonnie, I asked him two questions that mattered a lot to me before I would date any body. He answered them to my pleasing, so I said sure. He called my dad on January 8th to ask if he could date me. Daddy obviously said yes, so on January 13th, Jonnie asked me face to face to be his girl friend. I said Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment