Friday, June 19, 2009

Married nine months...


Wow! Time has definately flown by! We are already almost married nine months. It's crazy to think about, but it's true...
We were just asked the other day by a dear friend how our first year together in marriage has been for us. Has it been easier or harder then we expected. My answer was that I wouldn't have changed it for anything! We have had our days, especially with adjusting to living together and setting up family rules and such, and then the extra commotion with pregnancy and getting ready to take care of a little one. Every day though we fall more and more in love with each other. I live with my best friend, we do things together, go places together. I serve the love of my life, cooking for him, cleaning up the house, feeding our kitty cats. I learn new things about him each day, I strive to please him, and look good for him. It is an amazing experience to be married, and I wouldn't change the man God brought to me for anyone else.
Neither of us are very romantic people. And thankfully we have very many things in common, that has made it slightly easier to adjust to living with each other. Both of us like to fish, play/watch soccer, enjoy family, love to travel and explore things, like war and action movies, like things to be in order and clean... Quite a few main things that are important to both of us that are similar. At first we did some things a little different, just from how we grew up, but in the end we both compromised and do things our own new way now.
I love this man that asked me to marry him, and the only thing that could seperate us is God Himself who brought us together in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment