Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Secondly, the engagement...




May 16th, 2008, Jonnie and his class of 99 graduated from NTBI Waukesha. His family came down to attend the special event, even Gramma Ducommun was able to make it! The next day Dad, Mom, Carr, and Allistair drove back up to Canada behind us, who were driving in poor, old Betsy. We all made it back safely though, even though Betsy couldn't go over 50MPH most of the way!!!! I was coming up with them to spend the summer with the Ducommun family on NTMC campus since I have no family in North America.
May 20th, 2008... I needed a little time just me and Jonnie since it had been a little hard for me moving in with a family that I didn't know at all really, so we decided to have a picnic in Hanover Park (17 mins from Durham). We had gotten our chips and salsa and some cookies and pop, and headed over to the park. I was sitting on the picnic table, feet on the bench, chatting away to Jonnie and feeding the two seaguls that had decided to join us. After we were done, we packed up the trash and extra food, and Jonnie went to leave it back in the van. I had a blanket wraped round me, cuz I was cold, but Jonnie took it with him to the van and said nothing! I was like "excuse me, what is going on here, I'm freezing!" Next he comes walking back with this huge gun under the blacket. I was starting to get a little worried, cuz there were police right there watching him, and it looked like he was trying to hide a gun. Anyhow, he comes over and is standing in front of me, just looking at me, as if lost for words. Then he pulled the blanket off the gun, and revealed five, beautiful, red roses. He tells me what each one signifies to him, then he pulled out a ring and asked me to marry him. I was kind of in shock and a little embarassed, so I didn't really look excited, but inside my heart was pounding so fast and I couldn't help smiling, and of course, said YES! We went and sat by the river for a little bit, then Jonnie pushed me on the swing for a bit, then we went and got icecream. That was a day I will never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment