Friday, June 19, 2009

Found out we are pregnant!!! January 7th, 2009

Eight weeks pregnant
Elliot James (Sorry he's sideways)

19 weeks pregnant...just after the ultrasound


25 weeks pregnant with Echo watching my belly jump




This was a very scary day to say the least. We weren't sure if we wanted to start having kids right away or not, Jonnie saying "Let's wait" and me saying "No, now is good". Jonnie gave in, however, and so we decided that we would go ahead and try only in the month of December and if nothing came of it Jonnie promised that he would take me to the Canadian Wonderland this summer. So I was getting more excited about going to this Wonderland place and get to go on all the rides and stuff. Nearing the end of December, however, I started to not feel so grand, always being tired, crying at night because I was just exhausted. So Carrie, one of my sister-in-laws, and I decided to go get a test to see what was the result...Positive!!! No way, I couldn't believe it. I was happy, annoyed, nervous, and most of all in denial. Anyhow, I imediately called Jonnie at work. He was probably all of the above as well, the responce I got was, "Are you sure?"
The first couple of weeks were hard adjusting to a pregnant body. By the seventh week a flu broke out in our family circle, so both Jonnie and I lay on the couch all day throwing up in turns. The flu never seemed to clear up for me; it just turned into an all day morning sickness. That lasted for a month and a half, which was a trying time on our marriage as I was in bed all day and couldn't do what a wife is supposed to do.
We found out during this time though, that Carrie was pregnant as well! Only four weeks behind me. So we have come through this journey together, going to the midwives with her 21 month old Allistair and watching our bellies grow each week. We also have been going to a baby group each week with my other sister-in-law, Kris, and her 6 month old Auroralyn.
We had an ultra sound at my 19 week, and found out that it is a boy! His name will be Elliot James Ducommun. All in all, my pregnancy has gone very well, and I am now sitting on 28 1/2 weeks, due September 8th.

No comments:

Post a Comment